Friday, February 17, 2012

Venting a sec...

Ok, I need a venting session - So...last night was one of my worst pain nights EVER. In tears, wrapped up in my heated throw...you get it. Hubby wanted to take me to ER last night, but I tried to tough it out with my "strong" Tramadol meds. (phht!) Anyway, this morning I call my rheumatologist to see if he would call in some pain patches to help with joint and muscle pain. About a half hour ago, the nurse calls me back and said, "The doctor doesn't think opiates will be of any use to you." I said, "I didn't ask for opiates, just pain patches for the extremely bad places." The nurse says, "Well, those pain patches have opiate drugs in them and he doesn't feel they'd benefit you." I'm on the phone trying not to cry and ask, "what am I supposed to do for this?" Well, the nurse is goint to try to "speed up" my Benlysta stuff and TRY to get me in before my 6-week out appointment. You'd think my rheumy would understand this pain. My neurologist is the one that allowed Tramadol for me. GEEZ! Last time I went to the ER they treated me as if I were a druggie just looking for a 'high.' I don't understand this. Would they want to be in this pain? Would they allow their wife, sister or mother to suffer???? I am so upset, pain is starting again. What a vicious cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment