Sunday, February 19, 2012

Few Tears Today

I made it through most of the day without a tear. I didn't cry from pain today, but I cried while watching Whitney Houston's funeral service. Strange how I went back to my youth while I watched her music videos, listened to her beautiful voice and heard her friends/family tell stories of her life.

She made an impact on so many people. Did she ever know how many people she touched with her voice? I wish I could make that kind of impact on others. Maybe help someone else dealing with Fibromyalgia, Lupus or one of the many other illnesses I have. I hurt bad at times, but there are people far worse off than I am. I should be counting my blessings every hour.

I was able to visit with my parents today. They live very close to me, but I rarely go out of the house anymore...unless it's absolutely necessary. (Doctor appointments...etc.) I have no energy. But, the days I do have energy and DO get out or DO work hard here at home, I pay for it for several days. You'd think I'd learn to do things in moderation....BUT...that's just me.

A new friend posted on my wall today..."I have Lupus, but it doesn't have ME!" I need to make that my theme. Thanks for reading. It's 4:30 a.m. now....perhaps I should go to bed.

Til next time,
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment