Thursday, March 15, 2012

First Infusion -- The Days that Follow

Hi again.

Looks like I've made it through another day/night. Yesterday got to be pretty rough for a while. Muscle aches, joints hurt and are swollen, low-grade fever, cough, headache, constant thirst, and a bad taste that lingered in my mouth. A few peers in my Benlysta Buddies Facebook group assured me that they, too, had that weird metallic taste. Most said it would go away in a few days. (Good!)

I'm still weak and sleepy so I will probably keep this one short. One thing that still bothers me more than the above mentioned 'issues' is the fact that my neuropaathy is flared again. UHG! Hands and feet are very hot, red and burning. This stinks because it is so hard to get them comfortable. But... if that is the worst thing I have to go through to fight this ugly Lupus, then I'll take it all.

The thing is that most of what I'm experiencing after my first infusion (so far) are things that I experience usually everyday. One difference is the weird taste in my mouth. Another is that under MY norm, my peripheral neuropathy is more under control. That is something I need to get used to - at least for now. Perhaps it will pass.

Ok, I'm going to rest for a while. I'm getting sleepy again. Thanks for reading. I'll update again very soon.

Til next time,
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment